Setting Up A Spotify Verified Artist Account
Artists and labels can now create Verified Spotify Accounts. Once your Verified Spotify Account is activated, you can start to build a community of fans who want to discover music through you. Each time you make a playlist or share a song, they’ll hear it.
Once verified, your account will be linked to your discography pages, making them easily searchable within the service. Remember, “followers” are essentially users who you can reach directly whenever you have new music to promote. You are creating a valuable direct-to-fan channel within Spotify.
How to Become a Spotify Verified Artist:
- Make sure your releases are in the Spotify store.
- Set up a new user account here.
- Click “create an account using your e-mail address.” Do NOT signup with a Facebook profile. If your artist name is already taken, don’t fret, choose the next best name, i.e.: ‘artist_name’Official or ‘artist_name’Music. You will be able to change this to your proper name in the next step.
- Submit for verification here. (You may be required to create or log in to an existing Google account to use the submission form.)
- You will need to include a URL to a hosted 200×200 pixel profile image on the form.
- Add one playlist to your account so it’s not empty upon launch.
- Make sure to ‘right click’ on the playlist name > Make Public – otherwise it will not be visible.
- Copy and paste the playlist ‘HTTP link’ to share with your fans on Facebook and Twitter.
- Copy and paste the ‘Embed Code’ to embed our web player and allow streaming directly from your website or blog.
Download the attachment below for Spotify’s Playlist Setup and Best Practices guide.
There is no guaranteed timetable for verification, but Spotify’s goal is 2-6 weeks.
If you are having issues with your profile, please make use of Spotify’s Support options: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/
- SpotifyPlaylistSetup_BestPractices.pdf (3.58 MB)